Tuesday, April 8, 2008

nǐhǎo

Day one of school and things have been Awesome! Here are a few photos from my first couple days.

This is the view from my room. Notice all the construction. they are pounding holes for posts to make an overpass on the road. The banging goes on all night and is very loud in my room although it is kind of soothing and now I don't even notice it. Until I wake up at 4 in the morning and I can't get back to sleep. The picture is kind of foggy but there is nothing on the lens. That's just SMOG.

Skitch


Like my mother always told me, breakfast is the most important meal. It's a little different over here. Every meal is the most important meal. Tantan, my teacher from PCOM who put this trip together is from Chengdu and he says that there are over 58,000 restaurants in the city. Chengdu is known for the food and I would have to agree. It's delicious.

Skitch

Today was our first day of school. The campus is beautiful and there is a full hospital that the students learn at that treats everything with TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine). They use some western but the treatments are centered around the TCM diagnosis and treatment.

P1010808


P1010810

First Day of School

Skitch

The only logical thing to do after an exciting and exhausting day of clinic was to go buy some bikes and ride down to the park for a massage. The bikes only cost $22 and the massage was only $5. What a deal. Plus the massage was better than any one that I have paid for in the US. They cracked every joint in my body from my neck to my fingertips and I left feeling like a million dollars.


P1010812

P1010838


What a day. Now it's time to sleep. I'll see you soon.

晚安
wǎn ān
good night

No comments: