Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where Do I Begin?

It has been about 10 days since my last blog and a TON has happened since then. I took a couple days off from blogging to enjoy my graduation from the Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine and party it up a bit in China. It is sad to leave the Hospital. It went by very quick but on the other hand my real vacation has begun. On Thursday night my Dad arrived in Chengdu. Brianna and I picked him up from the airport and we made it back to the room without much struggle. Sometimes the communication barrier is difficult but it just makes everything an Adventure. Brianna speaks the best Mandarin in the group so I bribed her to accompany me.
The next morning I finished my last day of clinic and we were ready to Rock!! We had a small ceremony at the school and then the Craziness of what I call a Mystery Tour began. Tantan took us to dinner at an amazing restaurant and hooked it up so that Brianna could dance. (She is a Belly Dancer) It was so funny, they put up a stage and all the people were taking pictures with their cell phones and calling people to tell them what was happening. They had never seen anything like it.
After dinner we proceeded directly to the Karaoke Bar and Partied like it was 1999!!!
The evening has many crazy details and pictures but you will have to wait for the book to get them all.
The next morning we got on a tour bus at 6:30am for what was the mystery tour. We had no idea where exactly we were going or what to expect. All we knew was that it was beautiful............


Skitch
Skitch
Skitch


14 hours later we arrived. The tour was definitely not what we were expecting. We did not have an english translator, nor did we expect to be on the bus ride from Hell.
I am skipping a lot of the details because i don't want to give the excitement of the book away but this is one chapter you do not want to miss. Believe Me!
We spent 4 days in JiuZhaoGao and Huang Long. Two beautiful places that I am so happy to have seen.


Skitch
Skitch
Skitch
Skitch
Skitch

The pictures don't even come close to expressing the beauty of this place. The mountains were huge, the lakes were a beautiful blue green and the altitude put one member from our group in the hospital. (But that was a different adventure you will hear about later. This Blog post is just an update to let you know that I'm alive and you will hear more later. I will be posting a description of the events at a later date with excerpts from my Dad's Journal. He is an amazing writer and I could not even begin to express the events like he does so Stay Tuned.........

1 comment:

Amy Leigh
Holistic Health Counselor
said...

Best part about this blog post: your various forms of cranial attire! :)